What I Wore: The Accessories Edition

I’ve been too sick to do an outfit post this week, and am slowly getting back to normal. Finally!  Today was the first day I woke up and felt like me again and that’s a beautiful feeling. I’ve missed it.

My trip was all kinds of amazing and now I’m trying to recover from it all and remember all the amazing memories. I’ll confess one thing: My suitcase still hasn’t been unpacked. Oops! A project for this afternoon I believe. I’m also planning a major wardrobe declutter as I feel like my style has changed when I was away and a lot of the pieces I own aren’t right anymore. I’ll keep you updated of course.

What I Wore: The Accessories Edition

I’ve always loved accessories for the simple reason that they have such power to transform an outfit. An accessory will also never tell you that you’ve gained weight, tell you that you’re having a bad hair day or let you down. A good accessory is fool-proof and I will continue to collect little trinkets and treasures and look after them with love.

The Samantha Wills Bardot Ring in White & Gold is an iconic piece that suits watermelon nail polish, a night out on the town and a day of shopping. The perfect statement ring for a vacation or a day in the office. I have the bardot ring in a few colours and I treasure them all.

Bardot RingBeck Sondergaard is a Danish brand and I am a little in love with their beautiful scarves. I was first introduced to them a few years ago when my bestie bought me a scarf from them for my birthday. On my recent trip to Norway I bought three scarves from them and I wore them nearly every day. The prints are beautiful, the lenght is perfect and they are so comfortable.

Beck SondergaardI had more than a few arm parties when I was away but my favourite center piece was always my Michael Kors Sport Watch. Here I’ve paired it with some orange, gold and pink bracelets from H&M.

Michael Kors HMAnother day another arm party and this was with some bracelets bought in Spain. I love the textures, the colours and the mix. So simple and so pretty!

MIchael KorsOne necklace I’m always complimented on is my Popbasic amethyst necklace. Amethyst is actually my birth stone (hello February), purple is my favourite colour and gold is always right so it would seem like this necklace is perfect for me. Guess what? It is!

PopbasicProbably my favourite treasure of all is the Samantha Wills Pisco Sour necklace. I love the statement it makes, the pretty colours and that the whites on the necklace goes with my Bardot Ring. It got a lot of air-time this summer.

Samantha Wills

My sister and I were sitting on the couch in our living room and going through our childhood trinkets and jewellery. We found so many beautiful things and re-discovered a lot. This bracelet was actually painted by my mum’s talented auntie and naturally I had to put it on again. I absolutely love this piece and the sentimentality it entails. My mum’s auntie is also one of my dearest relatives so I always enjoy catching up with her when I’m home.

Silver

Accessories bring me so much joy and I will always enjoy putting them on and enhancing my outfit with them. I look forward to being an old lady wandering down the street with my glasses and tons of jewellery on. It’s going to be fun!

I’m linking up with Kimba Likes and her Wardrobe Wednesday today!

What’s your favourite accessory?

16 Comments on What I Wore: The Accessories Edition

1. Sarah Barrett
    20/08/2014 at 10:06 (2 months ago)

I love accessories too. I enjoy my daily routine of going through all my pretty trinkets and dressing up the basic outfit. I love making the basic more special with the accessories and bringing some colour up to my face.

• Ingrid
      21/08/2014 at 07:12 (2 months ago)

Accessories maketh the outfit!

They definitely have that transformative power and I love it x

2. Bec @ Styled by Bec
    20/08/2014 at 11:15 (2 months ago)

Love that Samantha Wills ring and definitely want to invest in getting one for myself one day. I hope you start to feel better soon. Nothing worse than losing your mojo from being sick. x

• Ingrid
      21/08/2014 at 07:11 (2 months ago)

It would be a lovely treat Bec! The hardest decision is what colour to choose.

Thanks honey x

3. blondiebythesea
    20/08/2014 at 11:45 (2 months ago)

Oh I love the hand-painted bracelet. I love pieces that have memories tied to them. I love accessorizing. Scarves are my thing. xx

• Ingrid
      21/08/2014 at 07:11 (2 months ago)

Me too – it was such a joy to discover it. Scarves are excellent too, I can’t get enough of them X

4. Kim-Marie from Kimba Likes
    20/08/2014 at 18:53 (2 months ago)

I can’t wait to be a mad old lady with a really chic edgy bob and layer upon layer of jewellery I’ve collected over my lifetime. Some of my most precious memories are wrapped up in family heirloom jewellery. Some of them are worth very little but they’re priceless. Like my Granddad’s silver tiepin I wear as a hairclip. Or the catseye stones my Great Granddad collected, polished and set on a bracelet. The Mikimoto pearls my Dad gave his bride on their wedding day. Et al. It’s a bit good being the only girl and the eldest great grandchild and grandchild on both sides! ;)

Thanks for joining Wardrobe Wednesday and I hope you’re better soon!

• Ingrid
      21/08/2014 at 07:10 (2 months ago)

Oh yes! I’m thinking Iris Apfel or something like that. Family heirloom jewellery is the best. You have so many amazing stories to tell through jewellery.

Thank you, getting there slowly but surely X

5. Bev from Iris May Style
    21/08/2014 at 10:03 (2 months ago)

My go-to accessories are always scarves, bracelets and rings…I would happily add everything of yours to my collection though ;) xx

• Ingrid
      21/08/2014 at 20:31 (2 months ago)

Haha, maybe we’ll do a swap one day X

6. Norlin Mustapha (@norlinm)
    21/08/2014 at 14:19 (2 months ago)

My favourite accessory would definitely have to be scarves! They are so versatile, stylish and practical. For the warmer months, I tend to go for bracelets & rings. I’ve always coveted Samantha Wills designs – AMAZING!! And actually, I’ve got a dupe of that ring! But, the “stone” fell out. :p

• Ingrid
      21/08/2014 at 20:32 (2 months ago)

You can’t go wrong with a scarf, that’s for sure. And they also make for great gifts too X

7. Luc Pilz (@SkeeterAndScout)
    22/08/2014 at 20:11 (2 months ago)

I love everything Samantha Wills. I also loved all your outfits on your travels – you are just a babe, I say ;)

Luc x

• Ingrid
      25/08/2014 at 08:04 (2 months ago)

Me too. I want a piece of every new collection. Thanks honey, you’re a babe too X

8. Rita Azar
    27/08/2014 at 13:55 (2 months ago)

I hope you’re feeling better Ingrid.
    I adore that ring and that bracelet, just gorgeous. I think handmade accessories the best. Your mum’s aunt is very talented.

• Ingrid
      01/09/2014 at 07:03 (2 months ago)

It’s taken a couple of weeks but I’m finally feeling like myself again Rita :) Yes she is indeed a talent, and a beautiful person as well. X

Tell us what you think!